Recipe by Roqxie
The three golds in question are the buttery-fleshed Yukon gold potatoes, roasted yellow corn, and yellow bell peppers. This salad is nice and spicy. Recipe found on www.wholehealthmd.com
Top Review by Sydney Mike
This is another one of those recipes I made as a gift for some friends from 'South of the Border' who enjoy my using them as taste testers! They absolutely loved it, while it was a little too spicy for the little bit I eat! Still, I'm keeping hold of this recipe, since I think it's a great potluck dish that I can share with others ~ And thank you for sharing it with us! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick A Chef]
- 2 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 8 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 ears corn, husked
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut lengthwise into flat panels
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. In large pot, combine potatoes, garlic, and cold water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook 25 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain, reserving garlic.
- 2. In food processor, combine garlic, scallions, lime juice, olive oil, chipotle peppers, and salt, and process until pureed. Transfer dressing to large bowl. Add hot potatoes to dressing; toss to combine.
- 3. Meanwhile, preheat broiler. Place bell peppers, skin-side up, and corn on broiler pan and broil 6 inches from heat, turning corn as it browns, for 10 minutes or until the peppers are charred and corn is lightly browned. When cool enough to handle, peel peppers and cut into 1/2-inch squares. With a sturdy knife, cut corn from cob.
- 4. Add peppers and corn to bowl with potatoes and toss well. Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.