Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temp
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk (don't use low-fat or nonfat)
- 1⁄2 cup minced crystallized ginger
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Grease two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans.
- Stir flour, ground ginger, baking powder and salt into medium bowl.
- Beat sugar and butter in large bowl until fluffy.
- Add eggs and yolks 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients and milk alternately into batter.
- Fold in crystallized ginger and grated ginger.
- Divide batter between prepared loaf pans.
- Bake cakes for about 1 hour.
the amount of flour seems extremely low for this recipe to work, 1/2 cup?