Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this hand-written recipe in an old recipe binder that I had stashed away. I've never tried it, but I guess I was impressed enough to write it down! From Longo's (Toronto area grocery store) Summer 1998 Cookbook.
- 8 ounces low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 8 medium strawberries, stemmed
- 2 kiwi, peeled
- 1 small banana, peeled
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 fresh mint sprigs (optional)
- In blender combine yogurt, strawberries, kiwi, banana, chopped mint (if using) and honey. Puree to a smooth consistency.
- Divide between two 8oz glasses and garnish, if desired, with mint sprigs.
The DM and the DS have big smiles on their faces after tasting this delicious and oh so creamy smoothy. I froze my banana to help give it a richer creamy taste and didn't worry about the honey as I think the fruit is sweet enough. Thank you ScrappieDoo for a great shake, made for Photo Tag.