Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got it from Family Time Daily Dish. It's a Taste Of Home recipe. Berries and rhubarb are plentiful and inexpensive.
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 1⁄4 cups fresh raspberries
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped rhubarb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 cup quick-cooking tapioca
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (9 inch) pastry for double-crust pie
- In a large bowl, combine fruits and extract; toss to coat.
- In another bowl, combine sugar, tapioca, nutmeg and salt.
- Add to fruit; stir gently.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Line a 9-in. pie plate with bottom crust; trim pastry even with edge.
- Stir lemon juice into fruit mixture; spoon into the crust.
- Roll out remaining pastry; make a lattice crust. Seal and flute edges.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 minutes. Reduce heat to 350 degrees; bake 30 minutes longer or until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbly.
- NOTE: Frozen berries and rhubarb may be substituted for fresh; thaw and drain before using.