Recipe by Courtly
This golden crusted pie is loaded with juicy slices of peaches, apricots and nectarines. "It's irresistble on a warm summer day," says Janet Loomis. From tate of home.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup shortening
- 5 tablespoons water
- 1 2⁄3 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1 2⁄3 cups sliced peeled apricots
- 1 2⁄3 cups sliced peeled nectarines
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Divide in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one portion to fit a 9 inch pie plate. Transfer pastry to plate; trim to 1/2 inch beyond edge.
- In a large bowl, combine the peaches, nectarines, apricots, and lemon juice. Combine the brown sugar, ginger and cinnamon; sprinkle over fruit and toss gently to coat. Pour into crust; dot with butter.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie; make decorative cutouts. Set cutouts aside. Place top crust over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Moisten cutouts with a small amount of water; place on top of pie.
- Cover edges loosely with foil. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes. Uncovered; bake at 25-30 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.