Recipe by White Rose Child
Apples, bananas, and... pomegranate?? You'll like the ease and sweetness of this very low-fat, satisfying breakfast.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1 cup pomegranate juice (or any blend, like pomegranate-blueberry)
- 1 small apples or 1⁄2 large apple, finely chopped
- 1 banana, fairly ripe
Directions See How It's Made
- For the creamiest porridge, soak your oats in the water for at least an hour first. You can do this overnight and it'll be all ready to cook in the morning.
- Bring to a boil, turn the heat down and let cook 1-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thickened. The time range is because it won't need to cook as long if you soaked it.
- Add the juice, bring back to a simmer, add the apple and let cook until your desired consistency is reached.
- Remove from heat, cover and let stand for a couple of minutes.
- Spoon into 2-3 bowls, slice banana on top, and serve.