Recipe by Topher
A fruit bar of my own recipe. It might be a little off but I'm going to make it really soon to work out any bugs there might be in it. Try it out and see for yourself!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 medium pears, peeled and sliced
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup coarsely chopped dried cranberries
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- In a bowl with your mixer, cream margarine and sugar.
- Add eggs one at at time, beating each one in well.
- Mix in vanilla.
- Mix in dry ingredients.
- Spread 2/3 of the batter in a 9X13" pan.
- For filling: In medium saucepan, toss fruit with flour.
- Blend in remaining filling ingredients.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until fruit is tender.
- Cool completely.
- Spread fruit filling over batter in pan.
- Dob on remaining batter on top. (Some areas will not be covered with batter.).
- Bake for around 35 minutes.