Recipe by Trinkets
In my search for DH's favorite dessert: Starbuck's Espresso brownies, I found this recipe by Paula Deen. I have not tried them, yet.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3 sweet dark chocolate squares
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄8 teaspoon instant espresso granules
- 1 (21 1/2 ounce) packagepillsbury brownie mix
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso granules
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 teaspoon milk or 1 teaspoon whipping cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan.
- In large bowl, combine all brownie ingredients.
- Beat 50 strokes by hand.
- Spread in greased pan.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl combine 1/4 cup butter and brown sugar; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add 1 egg, 2 tsp coffee granules and 1 tsp vanilla; beat until well blended.
- In medium bowl, combine walnuts and chopped chocolate.
- Add brown sugar mixture; blend well.
- Spoon and carefully spread over partially baked brownies.
- Bake an additional 17 to 20 minutes or until light brown.
- In small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and 1 Tbsp butter, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- With wire whisk, stir in 1/8 tsp coffee granules and enough milk for drizzling consistency.
- Drizzle over warm brownies.
- Cool completely.
- Cut into bars.