Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Inspired from a Diner's, Drive-In's & Dives episode. I "THINK" I have all the ingredients right...I just scaled it down. Since I LOVE Lemon Pepper Chicken, this might be good for chicken, too!!!
- 3 large lemons, cut in 1/8ths
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 6 pork chops (rib or 1st cut preferred)
- 1 cup flour, for dredging
- In a food processor, combine the lemons (rind & seeds too -- EVERYTHING), sugar and 1 cup water -- process until liquified.
- Strain the mixture.
- Place the lemon mixture & remaining ingredients, (except the chops & the flour) in a large stainless steel saucepan.
- Simmer for 1 hour on medium, stirring often, being careful not to burn.
- Remove from heat & set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Dredge chops in the seasoned flour.
- Brown chops in olive oil over med.-high heat until golden brown -- cook in batches, if need be.
- Place chops in roaster & pour lemonade sauce over.
- Cover roaster & place in oven.
- Cook for 1½ hours or until tender.
I just made this today. I found it good but I think my lemons were very juicy for the lemon was very overpowering. I will make it again but make a few adjustments. I don't know what though maybe some Worcestershire or a little brown sugar? I just don't know. but it isn't bad just needs some TLC I would love some suggestions >)
Tasty. I used white vinegar instead of apple cider b/c I was out. I was also out of thyme. This has a slight lemon undertone to it. I was expecting more of a lemon flavor. It was still very good. The chops came out nice and tender. Even my pork hating DD ate it.