1/1 Photo of Triple Dipped Fried Chicken
Bonnie G #2's Note:
I got this off another on-line recipe site and it looks so good I wanted to be sure and save it as this is the only site I really use. It's credited to a "QUIRKYIQ" and she states "the crispiest, spiciest, homemade fried chicken I have ever tasted! It is equally good served hot or cold and has been a picnic favorite" My whole family LOVES a good fried chicken so can't wait to try it out.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups beer or 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 quart vegetable oil (for frying)
- 3 lbs chicken parts
- 1In one medium bowl, mix together 3 cups of flour, garlic salt, 1 tablespoon black pepper, paprika and poultry seasoning.
- 2In a separate bowl, stir together 1 1/3 cups flour, salt, 1/4 teaspoon pepper, egg yolks and beer.
- 3You may need to thin with additional beer if the batter is too thick.
- 4Heat the oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- 5Moisten each piece of chicken with a little water, then dip in the dry mix. Shake off excess and dip in the wet mix, then dip in the dry mix once more.
- 6Carefully place the chicken pieces in the hot oil.
- 7Fry for 15 to 18 minutes, or until well browned.
- 8Smaller pieces will not take as long. Large pieces may take longer. Remove and drain on paper towels before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple Dipped Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (506 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2148.6
- Calories from Fat 1575
- Total Fat 175.0 g
- Saturated Fat 27.0 g
- Cholesterol 231.5 mg
- Sodium 560.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 65.7 g