This came in my March issue of Southern Living. I immediately saw it and felt the need to post. My family loves anything Strawberry and this is amazingly easy and oh so delicious. I hope you all enjoy it too!! I doubled the amount of frosting as they did in the magazine.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 (16 ounce) packages powdered sugar
- 1 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- Beat cake mix and next 7 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer for 1 minute.
- Scrape down sides and beat at medium speed 2 minutes more, stopping to scrape sides if needed.
- Strawberries should be well blended into batter.
- Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 9 inch round pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 23 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly pressed.
- Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans, cool completely on wire racks.
- Spread Strawberry Buttercream Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake.
- Garnish if desired.
- Strawberry Buttercream Frosting: Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer for 20 seconds or until fluffy.
- Add the powdered sugar and chopped strawberries, beating at low speed until creamy.