1/8 Photos of Triple Decker Strawberry Cake
This came in my March issue of Southern Living. I immediately saw it and felt the need to post. My family loves anything Strawberry and this is amazingly easy and oh so delicious. I hope you all enjoy it too!! I doubled the amount of frosting as they did in the magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package white cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup milk
Strawberry Buttercream Frosting
- 1Beat cake mix and next 7 ingredients at low speed with an electric mixer for 1 minute.
- 2Scrape down sides and beat at medium speed 2 minutes more, stopping to scrape sides if needed.
- 3Strawberries should be well blended into batter.
- 4Pour batter into 3 greased and floured 9 inch round pans.
- 5Bake at 350 degrees for 23 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly pressed.
- 6Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes.
- 7Remove from pans, cool completely on wire racks.
- 8Spread Strawberry Buttercream Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake.
- 9Garnish if desired.
- 10Strawberry Buttercream Frosting: Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer for 20 seconds or until fluffy.
- 11Add the powdered sugar and chopped strawberries, beating at low speed until creamy.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple Decker Strawberry Cake
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 660.6
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 84.4 mg
- Sodium 344.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 84.8 g
- Protein 4.1 g