Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
The name is a mouth-ful but this is an easy recipe yielding heavenly results!
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) packagefudge chunk brownie mix
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil or 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- Oven@ 350 Line a 7x11 inch pan with aluminum foil and then spray with nonstick.
- Combine brownie mix with the oil, egg, and the 2 tablespoons of water until creamy.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until knife comes out of center cleanly.
- Allow brownies to cool for about 45 minutes.
- Combine honey and peanut butter in a small bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Mixture will be sticky.
- After the brownies have cooled, carefully spread the honey/peanut butter mixture over the top.
- Set in the refridgerator for a few minutes to set.
- Combine semi-sweet chocolate chips with the 3 tablespoons of butter.
- Melt in the microwave for about 30-45 seconds.
- Stir until smooth.
- Spread over the honey/peanut butter topping.
- Cool in the refridgerater until set, about 1 hour.
- Cut into squares.
Easy, and sinfully good! I followed the recipe as written. I did microwave the honey/peanut butter mixture for about 30 seconds after I'd mixed it up to make it a little easier to spread on the brownies. If you think desserts can be *too* sweet, this may not be for you, since it does rank pretty high on the sweetness scale with the addition of the honey. But if you think there's no such thing as too sweet when it comes to chocolate (and I'm in that category), definitely give this one a try. Wonderfully easy, and words can't describe how good they are. Thanks for sharing, Harley Princess!