Recipe by pines506
I host a Christmas Cookie Exchange each year and this was brought by a good friend of mine to last year's exchange and was a definite a hit! Cut small though, these are very rich. Cook time includes the minimum chill time.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 (14 ounce) cans sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup red hard candies (melts)
- 1⁄2 cup green hard candies (melts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Line 13x9 baking pan with enough foil to overhand sides by 2"; coat with cooking spray.
- In pot over low heat, combine butter and chocolate; cook, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in sugar, then eggs 1 at a time; add vanilla.
- Add flour baking powder and salt; stir until combined.
- Spread in pan.
- Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out with moist crumbs clinging.
- Cool completely in pan.
- In pot, heat 1 can milk and white chocolate chips over low heat, stirring often, until melted and smooth.
- Spread over brownies.
- Refrigerate until set, 2 hours.
- Heat remaining milk and semisweet chocolate chips over low heat stirring often, until melted and smooth; let cool until warm, 10-20 minutes.
- Spread over white chocolate fudge to cover.
- Refrigerate until set, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Use foil to lift brownies from pan; remove foil.
- Melt candy melts separately according to package directions.
- Transfer to separate plastic food storage bags.
- Snip one corner of each bag.
- Drizzle melted candy over brownies.
- Cut into squares.