Recipe by Barb G.
A little dark chocolate is actually good for you!It is packed with heart-healthy antioxidant power. The recipe comes from Prevention Magazine. Cook time is the refrigerate time.
- 8 sheets cinnamon graham crackers, finely crushed
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (19 ounce) package reduced-fat soft tofu, well drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 egg whites or 4 liquid egg substitute, to equal 4 whites
- whipped topping (optional)
- chocolate curls (optional)
- raspberries (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Crust; in a 9-inch pie plate, combine the graham cracker crumbs, cocoa, and butter until well blended.
- Press the mixture into the bottom and up the side of pie plate, set aside.
- Mousse; in a food processor or blender process the tofu until smooth.
- Add the melted chocolate, chocolate syrup, sugar and vanilla.
- Combine until mixture is smooth.
- With a mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg white mixture until smooth.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or until the pie is set.
- Garnish with whipped topping and chocolate curls or raspberries.