3 hrs 30 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
A little dark chocolate is actually good for you!It is packed with heart-healthy antioxidant power. The recipe comes from Prevention Magazine. Cook time is the refrigerate time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 sheets cinnamon graham crackers, finely crushed
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 (19 ounce) package reduced-fat soft tofu, well drained
- 1 (8 ounce) package bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1/4 cup chocolate syrup
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 egg whites or 4 liquid egg substitute, to equal 4 whites
- 1Crust; in a 9-inch pie plate, combine the graham cracker crumbs, cocoa, and butter until well blended.
- 2Press the mixture into the bottom and up the side of pie plate, set aside.
- 3Mousse; in a food processor or blender process the tofu until smooth.
- 4Add the melted chocolate, chocolate syrup, sugar and vanilla.
- 5Combine until mixture is smooth.
- 6With a mixer at high speed, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- 7Fold the chocolate mixture into the egg white mixture until smooth.
- 8Spoon mixture into the prepared pie crust.
- 9Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or until the pie is set.
- 10Garnish with whipped topping and chocolate curls or raspberries.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple Dark Chocolate Mousse Pie
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 172.7
- Calories from Fat 75
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.4 g
- Cholesterol 15.4 mg
- Sodium 186.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-fat soft tofu