Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was never a fan of cranberry sauce until I found this recipe on Epicurious. It's simple and delicious and can be made ahead. What's not to like!?
- 1 cup frozen cranberry juice concentrate
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- Combine juice concentrate and sugar in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Add fresh and dried cranberries and cook until dried berries soften and fresh berries begin to pop, stirring often. Remove from heat and stir in marmalade, juice, orange zest and allspice.
- Cool completely.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours.
- Can be made 3 days ahead.
This is really good. I made it when it appeared in Bon Appetit and love the combination of cranberry and orange flavors. As a family preference, we omit the allspice.