Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
perfect condiment for turkey.
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 orange, zest of, peeled in strips
- 4 cups fresh cranberries
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- in a large saucepan heat cranberry juice, sugar and orange zest and bring to a boil.
- add the fresh and dried cranberries and cook until berries pop, pressing to the sides of the pot to crush.
- cook about 10 minutes until thick.
- transfer to a bowl to cool and remove orange zest.
- may be made in advance, keeps refrigerated up to 2 weeks.
I made this for Thanksgiving several years ago and my family enjoyed it a great deal. I didn't alter the recipe in anyway and wouldn't.
This is my "Go To" Cranberry recipe for Thanksgiving and Christmas! I've been using it for a couple years now, good stuff!
This was tasty, but I think it may have ended up too thick. Never having made conserve, I wasn't sure how thick it should be when I took it off the stove. It looked pretty thick to me after only 2-3 minutes, but I figured it probably should be thicker, so I cooked for a few more minutes. When it cooled, it was REALLY thick, to the point I could hold it upside down and it wouldn't fall. I did try this on an English muffin and it was good. I'm going to try it on a turkey sandwich next! Thanks for posting...I will try again and not cook as long.