1/1 Photo of Triple Citrus Chicken Breasts With Lemon Pepper Sauce
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
Chickens like lemon. No, really! Total time estimate does not include 2 hours marination.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 3/4 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh chives, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream, plus
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- 1Between two layers of plastic wrap, pound chicken breasts with meat mallet to an even thickness of about 1/2 inch. Place chicken in large, self-sealing plastic bag.
- 2Lemon Pepper sauce:.
- 3In medium bowl, whisk together lemon zest, orange zest, garlic, chives, salt, pepper, lime juice, lemon juice, honey and balsamic vinegar. Pour into bag, over chicken. Close bag securely and turn to distribute marinade. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or as long as 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- 4Remove chicken from bag. Shake excess marinade into bag and reserve.
- 5In large, heavy, nonstick skillet over high heat, warm oil. Sauté chicken until browned, about 2 - 3 minutes per side. Lower heat to medium and continue cooking until chicken is done, about 2 more minutes per side. Transfer to serving platter and cover to keep warm.
- 6Pour reserved marinade into skillet and bring to a boil over high heat. Scrape the bottom of pan with a wooden spoon to loosen any browned bits. Add any liquid that has collected around chicken and let mixture boil for 2 minutes, until slightly thickened and reduced. Stir in cream; cook for another minute.
- 7Pour hot sauce over chicken breasts. Garnish with slices of lime, lemon or orange.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple Citrus Chicken Breasts With Lemon Pepper Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (147 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.5
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.2 mg
- Sodium 515.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 3.1 g
- Protein 27.4 g