Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have tried many chocolate zucchini recipes, but this one, with 3 sources of chocolate, is the most delicious! The sour cream makes it a very moist loaf, and best of all, it is super easy to make! This recipe can easily be made into muffins (picture), by spooning batter into greased muffin tins, and baking for 25 minutes.
- 2 (1 ounce) unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 1⁄2 cups zucchini (grated)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cocoa
- 1 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease two 9X5 inch loaf pans, or 24 muffin tins. In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave chocolate until melted. Stir occasionally until chocolate is smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, sugar, oil, grated zucchini, vanilla, sour cream, and chocolate; beat well.
- In another bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, cocoa, and chocolate chips. Add to the egg mixture.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 60 to 70 minutes,(25 minutes for muffins), or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a loaf comes out clean.
- Cool, slice, and enjoy!