Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
I love fudge and I love turtles. Soooo, what could be better???? This fudge is divine and very sinful. Perfect for the holidays or anytime for that matter. Cook time is chill time.
- 4 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (12 ounce) evaporated milk
- 4 1⁄2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces sweet baking chocolate, cut into pieces
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 75 caramels, unwrapped
- 3 tablespoons water
- 60 pecan halves
- Line 15x10x1 inch baking pan with foil so foil extends over sides of pan.
- Grease foil.
- In large saucepan, combine sugar, butter and evaporated milk and cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Bring to a full boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil 5 minutes over medium heat, without stirring.
- Remove from heat.
- Add marshmallows, chocolate chips, sweet chocolate and unsweetened chocolate, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Stir in vanilla and pecans.
- Quickly spread mixture in greased foil lined pan.
- In medium saucepan, combine caramels and water.
- Cook over low heat until caramels are melted, stirring frequently.
- Pour melted caramels evenly over fudge to cover completely.
- Arrange pecan halves over caramel.
- Cool 2 hours or until completely cooled.
- Remove fudge from pan by lifting foil.
- Remove foil and cut into squares.
It is hard to actually rate this recipe. The fudge eventually tasted very good. The hard part was getting there. There were problems with the actual recipe. Luckily enough I was able to tweek it a bit to make it work. First off I could not melt the marshmallows and chocolate with the unit turned off. I would suggest dividing the butter and melt half of it with the marshmallows and chocolate. Then combining that with the already boiled sugar/ milk mix. That way it is not like siring a cement mixer. Also I used milk instead of water with the caramels. The caramels have to have some sort of fat to bind to and with water it would only separate.