I was looking for a truffle recipe that I could put on my Christmas dessert tray, and came across this recipe in Better Homes & Gardens "Christmas Sweets & Treats." I made them with all three different coatings - milk chocolate, white chocolate, and semisweet chocolate, and drizzled different designs on them. They are quite rich, so a little goes a long way. My guests loved these! (The cooking time is actually the cooling time.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened and cut up
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee crystals
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 1/3 cups milk chocolate or 1 1/3 cups semisweet chocolate pieces or 8 ounces white baking bar, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons shortening (such as Crisco)
- 2 ounces white baking bar or 2 ounces milk chocolate or 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 1In a heavy medium saucepan, cook and stir semisweet chocolate over very low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; stir in cream cheese until combined. Combine coffee crystals and water; add to chocolate mixture and stir until smooth. Cover and chill truffle mixture about 2 hours or until firm.
- 2Line a baking sheet with waxed paper. Shape the truffle mixture into 1-inch balls (if mixture is sticky, use 2 spoons to shape into balls) and place on prepared baking sheet. Cover and chill for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- 3In a heavy medium saucepan, cook and stir milk chocolate and shortening over low heat until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.
- 4Use a fork to dip truffles into chocolate mixture, allowing excess chocolate to drip back into saucepan. Return truffles to baking sheet; chill about 30 minutes or until firm.
- 5In a small heavy saucepan, cook and stir white baking bar over low heat until melted and smooth. Drizzle over truffle tops. (Use white baking bar to drizzle over milk or semisweet chocolate truffles. Use milk or semisweet chocolate to drizzle over white baking bar truffles.).
- 6Before serving, chill for a few minutes or until set.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple Chocolate Truffles
Serving Size: 1 (778 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 129.0
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 6.2 mg
- Sodium 22.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 2.4 g