Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
From "Everyday Dining With Beer" by the National Beer Wholesalers Association
Make and share this Triple Chocolate Stout Beer Brownies recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces chocolate stout
- 1 cup cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a 13x9x2 baking pan with aluminum foil, letting foil extend 2 inches beyond each short side of pan.
- In large bowl, whisk together stout and cocoa powder until blended and smooth. Whisk in sugar, butter, vanilla extract and eggs, one at a time. Blend well.
- Add flour and salt; whisk until batter is smooth. Stir in chocolate chips. Spread mixture in prepared pan, leveling surface with a spatula. Bake 42 to 45 minutes in preheated oven, until top is shiny and dry, and a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out with a few moist crumbs attached. Remove from oven and let cool completely in pan on rack.
- Lift out brownie from pan by foil ends; transter to cutting board. Cut lengthwise into four strips and crosswise into 8 pieces, making 32 brownies.
We loved these and they are so fun to make! I added a few walnuts because I really like them and they turned out great. I will make these again!
I used Young's Double Chocolate Stout in the recipe and served them with mint chocolate chip ice cream (like one of the pictures suggested.) WOW, they were AMAZING! Very easy and great for a party :)
Wow, I loved the stout flavor in these! The chocolate chips were also a welcome addition. I didn't add the white chocolate, just doubled (and a little more :)) the semisweet. Very heavy, dense brownies. Made for Best of 2010