Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is moist and rich . I am trying to eat better and this fits the bill ! Plain ol' fashioned chocolate cake with no weird or strange ingredients . This recipe was shared by a woman at our WW meeting . Her DH LOVES this cake !! (and so do I ) !!!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) packagechocolate fat free sugar-free instant pudding mix
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate chips
- 1 (8 ounce) carton fat free sour cream
- 1 cup egg substitute or 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup light fudge topping (such as Smucker's Brand)
- Combine all cake ingredients (except Fudge Topping) until well mixed.
- Spray 12 cup bundt pan with cooking spray.
- Pour cake batter into bunt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour (or until cake starts to pull away from sides of pan).
- Cool the cake for 15 minutes in pan.
- Then remove from pan and cool on wire rack.
- To serve, cut cake into 16 pieces and serve with 1 Tbsp Chocolate Fudge Topping drizzled over each slice.
This was really delicious and very easy to make...added chocolate fudge band vanilla ice cream and it was delish..thanks for sharing
Honestly the first time I made this cake it was with fat free sour cream and egg beaters and I thought it was just awful with a weird aftertaste. I never made the chocolate version again but made one with sugar free lemon pudding and lemon cake mix with low fat sour cream and real eggs - it was excellent. I'm trying one now with sugar free banana pudding and yellow cake mix.
Super tasty! It does not taste like a low fat cake at all. I omitted the chocolate chips (due to them never lasting long in my house). My cake was done in about 50 mins. Both the husband and I really loved this cake and will make it for years to come!!