Recipe by Sharon123
Yum, these are all chocolatey, and cracked, and covered with powdered sugar, as if hit by a snow quake! Triple chocolates make for a chocolate lovers treat! Adapted from Country Living magazine.
Top Review by loof
WOW! These are fantastic!!! Perfect for the chocolate lover, not too sweet, just rich and chocolatey. Very easy to make and pretty to look at too. Love these - thanks for sharing your recipe!
- 1 1⁄2 cups white flour (not self rising)
- 3⁄4 cup good quaity unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup bittersweet chocolate (chips or block, broken in pieces-or use semi sweet chocolate chips)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter until it's smooth in a large bowl with an electric mixer, on medium speed(sometimes I'm just too lazy to get out my mixer and do this by hand).
- Add the brown and white sugars and beat until well mixed. Add eggs and vanilla and mix well . Reduce speed to medium low, add the flour mixture to the egg mixture, and mix until a soft dough forms(again, I usually do this by hand).
- Add chocolates and mix well. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and chill for about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350* F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside(Sometimes I just spray generously with cooking spray when I don't have parchment paper).
- Place the confectioners' sugar in a bowl. Keeping dough well chilled, form 1 tablespoon of dough into a ball. Roll the ball in the confectioners' sugar to coat generously(don't shake off excess sugar).
- Place balls 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake cookies 10-12 minutes or until they have puffed up and cracked and are slightly firm to the touch.
- Move the cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Enjoy!