Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 35 mins
I saw this recipe on Emeril Live and thought it sounded delicious. I can't wait to try it! (This recipe is courtesy Sarah Benner.)
- For the crust: Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray the inside of a 9-inch pie pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar, and melted butter.
- Press mixture firmly into sprayed pie pan, covering bottom and sides.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Set aside to cool.
- For filling: In a microwave safe bowl, combine milk chocolate chips, 1/2 cup condensed milk, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla.
- Microwave for 2 minutes on medium (50 percent) power.
- OR combine milk chocolate chips, 1/2 cup condensed milk, and 1/2 tsp.
- vanilla and melt in a double boiler.
- Stir until all chips are melted and pour into bottom of cooled crust.
- Set in refrigerator while preparing second layer.
- For second layer, repeat above process using the vanilla chips.
- Pour over milk chocolate layer.
- Set in refrigerator while preparing third layer.
- For third layer repeat above process using the dark chocolate chips.
- Pour over white chocolate layer.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Evenly cover top with miniature marshmallows.
- Place under broiler for a few minutes just until marshmallows are lightly browned.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
If you love chocolate, you will LOVE this rich, chocolatey pie. We had small slices with coffee for dessert, and I had many compliments. I only used 1/8 cup of sugar for the pie crust, which was plenty considering how sweet the pie is. I made the layers in the microwave which took no time at all, but I would recommend leaving the pie in the fridge longer between the layers so that the next layer is easier to smooth. I highly recommend this pie for chocolate lovers! Thanks for the recipe!
This recipe was simple to make, looked great. It however was near impossible to to cut. I might try to make it as a layer cookie instead of a pie. It is very sweet. My teen son loved it. As a chocolate lover, I was a little let down with texture.
we loved it! i cheated and used a crust from the supermarket. it was amazing, most of the family are chocolate addicts, so it was a hit. i did keep it in the fridge a little longer between layers, but otherwise it was perfect