Recipe by Chrissyo
This Chocolate slice is very moist. By changing the flour and the icing sugar to gluten free products, you can surprise your coeliac friends with a wonderful moist slice. Often, I give a twist to this recipe, I add a large hand full of the Choc Mint herb which has been crushed or finely chopped into a paste like texture. The choc mint is added to the saucepan as the chocolate butter mixture is cooling. This is so refreshing and a lovely treat.
- 125 g butter, chopped
- 90 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 90 g milk, chocolate chopped
- 100 g firmly packed brown sugar (1/2 cup)
- 2 medium eggs, lightly beaten
- 150 g plain flour (for Gluten Free slices, use finely ground rice flour, 1 cup)
- 2⁄3 cup white chocolate chips (or use almond flakes instead of chocolate chips, 130g)
- icing sugar, mixture for dusting slices (for Gluten Free slices dust with pure icing sugar)
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease deep 19cm, (7 or 8 inch), square cake pan (tin), place strip of baking paper to cover base of the pan and extend over 2 opposite sides of cake pan.
- Combine butter with dark and milk chocolate in medium saucepan, stir over heat until chocolate and butter mixture is melted; cool mixture for 2 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients to saucepan; mix well but do not over mix.
- Pour mixture into prepared cake pan.
- Bake in a moderate oven, (180°C, or 350°F, or Gas Mark 4), for about 30 minutes.
- Cool slice in the cake pan.
- Cut slice into squares.
- Serve slices dusted with icing sugar mixture, (for gluten free slices use pure icing sugar instead of icing sugar mixture), if desired.