Recipe by Julie_Rushton
These are the tastiest version of shortbread that I've had. A friend brought them to a cookies exchange and they were voted the favorite!
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 cups butter (at room temp.)
- 1 cup extra finely granulated sugar (or sugar blitzed in a food processor)
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup bittersweet chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate, chopped into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped into small pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- Toast flours under broiler for 7-11 minutes (it gives the cookies a nuttier flavor-- you can skip this step if you wish).
- Cream butter and sugars.
- Add flours and then the other ingredients.
- Drop onto parchment lined baking sheets.
- Bake @ 300 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden on bottom edges.