Recipe by SusieQusie
Starting with a cake mix, this is an excellent all-occasion cake that looks like it took you hours to make. Fresh raspberries, whipped cream and a dusting of powdered sugar completes this decadent dessert.
- 1 (18 ounce) box chocolate cake mix
- 1 (2 7/8 ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup rum
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- powdered sugar
- fresh raspberry
- whipped cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Spray and flour a bundt pan. (As always, I highly recommend Kittencal's recipe #78579 ).
- Mix all cake ingredients *except chocolate chips* in a large bowl. Mix with an electric mixer on low speed for 1 minute, then on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips and gently swirl them into the batter.
- Bake the cake for 45 minutes or until done when tested with a toothpick.
- Pull cake from oven and set it aside on a wire rack.
- Immediately make the glaze by bringing butter, rum, and sugar, to a boil. Remove from heat, stir in vanilla.
- Using a toothpick, poke holes all over the bottom of the hot cake. Slowly pour glaze over the bottom of the cake and let soak in and cool completely.
- Invert cake from pan, dust with powdered sugar and serve with raspberries and whipped cream.