Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 40 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Absolutely out of this world UNBELIEVABLE good. This tasted like it came from a five star restaurant known for it's incredible desserts. My fiance doesn't even like sweets and he gobbled up two helpings. Definitely a crowd pleaser. Plus it can be made up to two days beforehand so it is perfect for entertaining!
- 20 Oreo cookies, cream filling removed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup cornstarch
- 3 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
- 4 large egg yolks
- 3 1⁄2 ounces semisweet chocolate, not unsweetened, chopped, bittersweet ok
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chilled whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 8 chocolate-covered coffee beans
- For Crust - Preheat oven to 350°F Finely grind Oreo cookies, sugar and salt in processor. Add butter and blend to moisten crumbs. Firmly press mixture into 9 inch diameter glass pie dish. Bake until crust sets, about 8 minutes. Cool.
- For Filling - Whisk sugar, cocoa, and cornstarch in heavy medium saucepan. Gradually whisk in 1 cup half and half. Whisk in remaining 2 1/2 cups half and half and yolks. Whisk over medium heat until mixture thickens and boils, whisking constantly, about 12 minutes. Remove from heat. Add both chocolates and butter; whisk until melted and smooth. Mix in vanilla. Transfer filling to crust. Press plastic wrap directly onto surface of filling and chill until filling sets, at least 6 hours. (can be made up to 2 days ahead. Keep chilled).
- For Topping - Beat all ingredients in large bowl until peaks form. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Rewhisk to thicken before serving, if necessary).
- Peel plastic off pie. Cut pie into wedges. spoon dollop of cream atop each slice. Garnish with chocolate covered espresso beans and serve.