Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are the most decadent muffins i have ever tasted. The caramel just oozes out when they are warm-making them beautifully tasty.
- 1 1⁄2 cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 250 g dark chocolate, chopped
- 125 g butter
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 300 ml sour cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 packages rolos chocolate-covered caramel candies or 2 packages other chocolate-covered caramel candies
- 1⁄4 cup sifted cocoa
- Preheat oven to moderate (180ºC., 350ish) Line 12 x 1/3-cup hole muffin pan with paper cases.
- Sift flour into large bowl, and stir in sugar.
- Melt chocolate and butter.
- Stir in cocoa and cool for 5 minutes.
- Whisk sour cream, vanilla and eggs in a jug.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in chocolate and sour cream mixtures until just combined.
- Spoon batter into pan so each hole is ½ full.
- Press 2 Rolos into the centre of each.
- Spoon the remaining mixture to 2/3 fill each hole.
- Bake for 15-20 Minutes.
Decadence personified! Incidentally I reduced the recipe to make just 3 muffins as I had a little sour cream to use up, worked perfectly, however I had to extend the baking time to 25 minutes. These are lethal!!!
My 9th grade teacher gave us all this recipe at easter and I absolutely loved them then. 5 years later it is easter again and they've been all I can think about. SO glad I was able to find the recipe again.
Love this recipe. Have made it twice but wanted to know if the muffin is meant to come out quite crumbly or am I doing something wrong?