Prep 20 mins
Cook 11 mins
For chocolate lover's only! Got this recipe last week after having this at a friends Christmas Party... First of all, it's HEAVENLY. Everyone kept talking about this pie & with word of mouth, it was gone before most could try it... I got to try it & it is delicious! I didn't even think I was that into chocolate, but this is very creamy & looked so pretty on the Holiday dessert table as it was garnished with puffs of whipped cream, drizzled with chocolate, topped with red cherries & green sprinkles... totally decadent! FYI: you can make pie crumb crust ahead of time & freeze or in a pinch use a store bought chocolate crumb Oreo pie shell...
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄3 cup baking cocoa (Nestle Toll House or Hersheys)
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 3⁄4 cups semisweet chocolate morsels, divided (16 oz. bag)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, divided
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
- COMBINE graham cracker crumbs, cocoa and granulated sugar in 9-inch pie plate. Stir in butter until all ingredients are moistened; press onto bottom and up sides of pie plate. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle 1/2 cup morsels over bottom of hot crust; let stand for 10 minutes or until all morsels are shiny. Spread chocolate over bottom and up sides of crust. Cool to room temperature.
- MICROWAVE 2 cups morsels and 3/4 cup cream in large, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- BEAT remaining cream, sugar and vanilla extract in chilled small mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Fold 2 cups whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Spoon into crust; swirl top. Garnish with remaining whipped cream. Refrigerate until firm.
- MICROWAVE remaining 1/4 cup morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag on HIGH (100%) power for about 30 seconds; knead until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle chocolate over pie; let stand a few minutes before serving.