For chocolate lover's only! Got this recipe last week after having this at a friends Christmas Party... First of all, it's HEAVENLY. Everyone kept talking about this pie & with word of mouth, it was gone before most could try it... I got to try it & it is delicious! I didn't even think I was that into chocolate, but this is very creamy & looked so pretty on the Holiday dessert table as it was garnished with puffs of whipped cream, drizzled with chocolate, topped with red cherries & green sprinkles... totally decadent! FYI: you can make pie crumb crust ahead of time & freeze or in a pinch use a store bought chocolate crumb Oreo pie shell...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1PREHEAT oven to 350 degrees F.
- 2COMBINE graham cracker crumbs, cocoa and granulated sugar in 9-inch pie plate. Stir in butter until all ingredients are moistened; press onto bottom and up sides of pie plate. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle 1/2 cup morsels over bottom of hot crust; let stand for 10 minutes or until all morsels are shiny. Spread chocolate over bottom and up sides of crust. Cool to room temperature.
- 3MICROWAVE 2 cups morsels and 3/4 cup cream in large, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; stir. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, stirring until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- 4BEAT remaining cream, sugar and vanilla extract in chilled small mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Fold 2 cups whipped cream into chocolate mixture. Spoon into crust; swirl top. Garnish with remaining whipped cream. Refrigerate until firm.
- 5MICROWAVE remaining 1/4 cup morsels in heavy-duty plastic bag on HIGH (100%) power for about 30 seconds; knead until smooth. Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle chocolate over pie; let stand a few minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple Chocolate Mousse Pie
Serving Size: 1 (99 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 505.5
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 69.4 mg
- Sodium 95.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 34.5 g
- Protein 4.1 g