Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Stuart Ross, Bull Dog Coffee, Toronto, Canada
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon guittard dark chocolate syrup
- 1 ounce espresso
- pure chili powder, a pinch
- mexican chocolate, shaved for garnish
- In a small mixing bowl, whip the heavy cream until slightly thickened; add the maple syrup and continue whipping until the cream begins to hold its shape as soft peaks.
- Cover tightly with plastic wrap and reserve in refrigerator.
- Drizzle the chocolate syrup down the inside of a demitasse cup.
- Add the espresso shot, then lightly dust the top of the espresso with the chili powder.
- Spoon the maple syrup-infused whipped cream on top and garnish with shaved Mexican chocolate.