Recipe by cellogirl2
From TOH, haven't tried. For some reason, it won't let me post the number of Hershey's kisses, but it's 42. LOL.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
It took me a bit longer than expected to do the piping for these 'kisses' but then I'm not that good or fast with a pastry bag (Though you should hear what I can do with a bagpipe, though not in the kitchen!) ~ Fun to make, as well as VERY NICE TASTING, & devoured in no time by a group of 10! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my chocolate themes in the Comfort Cafe]
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 42 milk chocolate kisses
- baking cocoa
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
- Add cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form, about 6 minutes.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form, about 6 minutes.
- Beat in extract.
- Fold in grated chocolate.
- Insert a medium open-star tip in a pastry or plastic bag.
- Fill with meringue.
- On lightly greased baking sheets, pipe 42 1-inch circles.
- Press a chocolate kiss into the center or each.
- Pipe meringue around each kiss in continuous circles from the base to the top until kiss is completely covered.
- Dust with cocoa.
- Bake at 325 F for 15-18 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Immediately remove to wire racks to cool.