Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From TOH, haven't tried. For some reason, it won't let me post the number of Hershey's kisses, but it's 42. LOL.
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 42 milk chocolate kisses
- baking cocoa
- In mixing bowl, beat egg whites until foamy.
- Add cream of tartar; beat until soft peaks form, about 6 minutes.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until stiff peaks form, about 6 minutes.
- Beat in extract.
- Fold in grated chocolate.
- Insert a medium open-star tip in a pastry or plastic bag.
- Fill with meringue.
- On lightly greased baking sheets, pipe 42 1-inch circles.
- Press a chocolate kiss into the center or each.
- Pipe meringue around each kiss in continuous circles from the base to the top until kiss is completely covered.
- Dust with cocoa.
- Bake at 325 F for 15-18 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Immediately remove to wire racks to cool.
It took me a bit longer than expected to do the piping for these 'kisses' but then I'm not that good or fast with a pastry bag (Though you should hear what I can do with a bagpipe, though not in the kitchen!) ~ Fun to make, as well as VERY NICE TASTING, & devoured in no time by a group of 10! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my chocolate themes in the Comfort Cafe]