Recipe by Lisa Clarice
These cookies are delicious bites of chocolate goodness! This recipe only has 6 tablespoons of flour, so the texture is more fudge like than cookie. These cookies take a little longer to prep because they need to be chilled for about 60 minutes before baking. Well worth your time though - bake them up for a special dinner or party. Enjoy!
Top Review by Iceland
I used egg substitutes and gluten free flor, maybe that was why this was more a batter then a cookie dough even though i chilled it longer than the recipe says. The outcoming was quite pleasant, a nice little treat with coffee or cold milk. I will not make these again. Made for PAC fall 09
- 283.49 g bittersweet chocolate or 283.49 g semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 85.04 g unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 59.14 ml unsalted butter, cut into chunks. (I use vegan spread Earth Balance)
- 3 eggs, at room temp
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml espresso powder or 14.79 ml brewed coffee
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 88.74 ml flour
- 3.69 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 354.88 ml chocolate chips (dark, white, semi-sweet, bittersweet, your pick)
- 236.59 ml finely chopped toasted pecans (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put chopped chocolates and butter (first three ingredients) into a sauce pan over low heat and melt.
- Once melted, remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Mix eggs, sugar, espresso powder, and vanilla.
- Add the melted chocolate to the egg/sugar batter. Mix well.
- Next add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the batter. Mix well.
- Lastly, add chocolate chips and pecans.
- Chill dough for approximately 60 minutes or until it can hold a shape.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop dough in small balls on paper - space about 1 inch apart from each other.
- Press dough to flatten.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. No not overbake!
- When cookies are cool, drizzle melted chocolate over top of cookies if you wish!