Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
These cookies are delicious bites of chocolate goodness! This recipe only has 6 tablespoons of flour, so the texture is more fudge like than cookie. These cookies take a little longer to prep because they need to be chilled for about 60 minutes before baking. Well worth your time though - bake them up for a special dinner or party. Enjoy!
- 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate or 10 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cut into chunks. (I use vegan spread Earth Balance)
- 3 eggs, at room temp
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder or 1 tablespoon brewed coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 tablespoons flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips (dark, white, semi-sweet, bittersweet, your pick)
- 1 cup finely chopped toasted pecans (optional)
- Put chopped chocolates and butter (first three ingredients) into a sauce pan over low heat and melt.
- Once melted, remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Mix eggs, sugar, espresso powder, and vanilla.
- Add the melted chocolate to the egg/sugar batter. Mix well.
- Next add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the batter. Mix well.
- Lastly, add chocolate chips and pecans.
- Chill dough for approximately 60 minutes or until it can hold a shape.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop dough in small balls on paper - space about 1 inch apart from each other.
- Press dough to flatten.
- Bake at 350 for 10 minutes. No not overbake!
- When cookies are cool, drizzle melted chocolate over top of cookies if you wish!
I used egg substitutes and gluten free flor, maybe that was why this was more a batter then a cookie dough even though i chilled it longer than the recipe says. The outcoming was quite pleasant, a nice little treat with coffee or cold milk. I will not make these again. Made for PAC fall 09