Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
These are dangerous! Be careful! 8)
Top Review by flower7
I couldn't find any good quality unsweetened chocolate except for the single ounce I had in my cupboard and having made a similar recipe before, I know that I like a little semisweet choc. in the batter also so in the end I used 1 oz unsw., 4 oz bitter & 3 oz semi. I also forgot to buy unsalted butter so used salted and cut the salt in half. I used the microwave to melt the chocolate & butter. On a whim I decided to use some mini reece's pieces instead of the choc. chips. These were awesome and my friends loved them! Thanks for the recipe!
- 6 ounces high quality bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 13x9-inch pan.
- In metal bowl set over pan of barely simmering water, melt bittersweet chocolate, unsweetened chocolate and butter.
- Stir until smooth. Remove bowl from heat; let mixture cool until it is lukewarm.
- Stir in the sugar and vanilla extract. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring well after each.
- Stir in salt and flour, stirring until mixture is just combined; stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into pan, smooth top and bake in middle of oven 25-30 minutes, or until a tester comes out with crumbs.
- Let cool completely in pan on a rack, then cut it into bars.