Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Personnaly, this is better without the nuts. Makes a nice Mint Fudge if you add a 1/2 tsp of mint.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1 cup chopped pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- Line an 8-inch square pan with waxed paper or foil; set aside.
- Softening cream cheese: Microwave on HIGH for 20 seconds or leave unwrapped cream cheese on top of the oven while pre-heating.
- Melt chocolate in a saucepan over low heat, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Gradually add in confectioners' sugar, beating continually, until smooth.
- Beat melted chocolate into the cream cheese mixture.
- Add pecans and mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Pour fudge into prepared pan.
- Refrigerate until firm (about 1 hour).
- Cut into 1-inch squares.
I don't care for mint, but my other half does, so I managed to divide the 8-inch square pan in half with heavy duty foil & made half of the recipe with mint flavoring & the other half without! Also, that way neither of us would over-indulge (MAYBE)! Anyway, I do like the way this all goes together, & the cream cheese, in my humble opinion, makes this very special! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement tag]