1/1 Photo of Triple Chocolate Espresso Bean Cookies
This is one of my favorite cookie recipes. The dough can be frozen and used later, if you don't want to make them all at once. Just place balls of the cookie dough into freezer bags and toss them in the freezer. Bake them straight from the freezer, increasing the baking time by a couple of minutes to compensate for the frozen dough.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 tablespoons espresso powder (freshly ground)
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt (finely ground)
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (not dutched)
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature (soft to the touch)
- 2 cups granulated sugar (or 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar and 1/2 cups dark brown sugar)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces chocolate-covered coffee beans
- 1Preheat oven 375°F.
- 2In a medium bowl, whisk together whole-wheat pastry flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Set aside.
- 3In a large bowl, cream the butter until light and fluffy. Add in the sugar and beat until the mixture is a thick, frosting-like consistency. Add in the eggs, one at a time, making sure each egg is incorporated before adding in the next one. Add in the vanilla and mix until it is incorporated.
- 4Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, stirring after each addition until the flour is incorporated. The dough should be moist and uniformly brown.
- 5Stir in the espresso beans and chocolate chips by hand, mixing just until they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- 6Drop the dough by heaping tablespoons onto a cookie sheet.
- 7Bake for about 10 minutes on the middle rack. Don't overbake or they will dry out. It's best to underbake them just a bit.
- 8Allow to cool.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple Chocolate Espresso Bean Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1452 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3159.3
- Calories from Fat 1408
- Total Fat 156.4 g
- Saturated Fat 90.4 g
- Cholesterol 444.7 mg
- Sodium 1610.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 431.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 35.4 g
- Sugars 284.1 g
- Protein 42.8 g