Recipe by itsnevrenough
Thought this sounded really good and easy! Came from the local shopping flyer.
Top Review by Darlene Summers
Thanks so much for this delicious pie recipe,It was very easy to make and very good too.This will be a good recipe for me to take to church linger-longers so I will be keeping track of this recipe.Thank,Darlene
- 1 cup chocolate syrup
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk or 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 prepared 9 inch chocolate cookie pie crust
- chocolate whipped cream
- mint leaf (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, stir together syrup, milk, and sugar.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until mixture bubbles at edges.
- Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat together eggs and vanilla until well-blended.
- While stirring constantly, slowly pour in heated milk.
- Stir until well combined.
- Pour into pie shell.
- Bake in a preheated 350 F oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 40-45 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Serve warm or refrigerate and chill thoroughly to serve cold.
- Garnish with whipped cream and mint leaves, if desired, just before serving.