Recipe by BDH
We travel in an RV, so having something we can put in a crock pot to cook is handy. Everyone who has eaten this raves about it. I received this recipe over the internet from another RVer.
Top Review by lamb2112
Sorry, I really wanted to like this, but we just didn't care for it. This is a crock pot cake, nothing more. Strange texture. I had to change the paper towels 5 times because so much moisture was going to them that it was leaking out all over the counter. I cooked about 5 hours and the bottom was already starting to burn a bit. Will not make again.
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix (any size works)
- 1 pint fat free sour cream
- 1 (1 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix (any size works, sugar-free for diabetics)
- 6 ounces chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup egg substitute or 3 large eggs
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Generously spray crock pot with non-stick spray.
- Mix all ingredients.
- Pour into crock pot.
- Put folded paper towels between the top of the pot and lid to collect moisture.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve in a bowl with ice cream.
- Served warm is wonderful, but leftovers can be served cold.
- For diabetic, use sugar-free pudding.