Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a decadent cookie for the holidays. I don't find the drizzle necessary as they are really beautiful without it. This is from Bon Appétit Magazine (December 2004) and is featured as part of their Christmas Cookies special. The ranges for chocolate chips and cranberries just depend on how loaded you want your cookie. (The original recipe calls for the max. amount but I find that a bit much.) You can add some orange zest to the batter for a little extra seasonal flavour.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh cranberries (can also use dried cherries) or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup frozen cranberries (can also use dried cherries) or 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup dried cranberries (can also use dried cherries)
- 2 ounces milk chocolate (for drizzling) or 2 ounces white chocolate, chopped (for drizzling)
- Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 350°F Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt in medium bowl to blend. Using electric mixer, beat butter and both sugars in large bowl until smooth. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture and oats and stir until blended. Stir in all chocolate chips and cranberries.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoonfuls onto prepared sheets, 2 inches apart. Bake cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until edges are light brown, about 12-16 minutes (depending on how soft or crispy you want them). Cool on sheets 5 minutes. Transfer to rack; cool completely.
- (If drizzling: Stir chopped milk chocolate in top of double boiler until melted and smooth. Using small spoon, drizzle melted chocolate over cookies in zigzag pattern. Let stand until milk chocolate sets, about 1 hour. ).