Recipe by Lori K.
These cookies are soft and chewy and will satisfy the chocolate lover.
Top Review by LilPinkieJ
These are very good cookies. They aren't overly sweet, but still full of chocolate. I'm not sure how that works. I made them as listed and everyone loved them. I think I'd like to add a touch of cinnamon, just because I like it with my chocolate. Made and Reviewed for PAC Fall 2009.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts or 1⁄2 cup pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie baking sheets.
- Combine flour, cocoa, and baking soda in medium bowl.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips and butter in heavy duty saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Mix well.
- Stir in dry mixture.
- Stir in nuts and remaining chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoons onto prepared cookie sheets.
- (Dough will be very soft.) Bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until edges are set.
- Centers may be slightly soft.
- Cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely.