1/1 Photo of Triple-Chocolate Cookies
This recipe came from June/July 2005 Cook Country magazine. These cookies are fudgy, but make sure you let them cool directly on the cookie sheet. Also do not use bitter sweet BAR chocolate or they will be WAY to rich.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1Melt unsweetened chocolate, bittersweet chips, and butter in heatproof bowl set over saucepan of simmering water, stirring frequently, until completely smooth and glossy. Remove bowl from pan and set aside to cool slightly.
- 2Stir coffee powder and vanilla extract together in small bowl until disolved. Beat eggs and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium high speed until very thick and pale, about 4 minutes. Add vanilla/coffee mixture and beat until incorporated, 20 seconds. Reduce speed to low, add chocolate mixture, and mix until thoroughly combined, about 30 seconds.
- 3Whisk flour, baking powder and salt together in medium bowl. Using large rubber spatula, fold flour mixture and semisweet chips into batter. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes until batter firms up (it will look more like thick brownie batter than cookie dough).
- 4Meanwhile adjust two oven racks to upper and lower middle positions and heat oven to 350°F.
- 5Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Using 1 heaping tablespoon batter per cookie, place cookies 2 inches apart on prepared sheets. Bake until cookies are shiny and cracked on top, 11 to 14 minutes, rotating baking sheets top to bottom and front to back halfway through the baking time. Transfer baking sheets to racks and cool completely, on baking sheets, before serving.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Triple-Chocolate Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (106 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.6
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.2 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 166.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 34.1 g
- Protein 7.3 g