Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
I saw this made on the Food Network by Ellie Krieger.
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (not Dutch processed)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped dark chocolate (2 ounces)
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped milk chocolate (2 ounces)
- 2⁄3 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, mash together the butter and sugars with a fork until well combined. Add the oil and egg and beat until creamy. Mix in the vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in the dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and the pecans and mix well.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop the batter onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a rack to cool.