Prep 10 mins
Cook 11 mins
This recipe came from one of my mom's cookbooks. I made it one day just for fun and everyone liked them soooo much I had to make another dozen a couple of days later.
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter (room tempertaure)
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 8 ounces semisweet baking chocolate (melted and cooled)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Set aside: with a mixer beat together butter, sugar, and eggs at MEDIUM speed until smooth.
- Add melted chocolate and continue mixing on MEDIUM speed until blended.
- Reduce speed to LOW and add dry ingredients.
- Add the chocolate chips and walnuts mix well.
- Drop by tablespoonsfuls onto cookie sheet 1-inch apart.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bake cookies til they look dry and cracked but feel soft when lightly pressed.
- Bake about 11 minutes.
- Let cookies stand on sheet in 5 minutes transfer to racks and cool completely.
Very nice. I love animals too.
I made these for a friend who just had a baby, but they smelled so tempting I had to taste one. Delicious! Every chocolate lover should try these. They're very easy to make too!