Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are fantastic cookies that stay soft for days and days. Perhaps they are more adult friendly though. I can't remember what magazine my friend and I tried them from, but I won't ever forget the taste! If you can't find dried cherries, feel free to try a different dried fruit... perhaps cranberries. When using cherries, I cut them up into more palatable sizes, like the size of chocolate chips.
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup dried cherries, quartered
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, blend butter, sugar, egg, coffee, and vanilla.
- Blend the dry mixture gradually in to the butter mixture.
- Mix in the chocolates and cherries.
- Drop on cookie sheets and bake at 350°F for 10-12 minutes.