Recipe by *Z*
This is from a Pillsbury holiday baking book. I haven't made these yet. It says to store them tightly covered to keep them fresh.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 ounces bittersweet baking chocolate, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄3 cups white vanilla baking chips
- 3⁄4 cup maraschino cherry, without stems, coarsely chopped and well drained
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 24 maraschino cherries, drained and cut in half
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease cookie sheets.
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in melted bittersweet chocolate and eggs.
- On low speed, beat in flour, cocoa, and baking soda until mixed.
- Fold in 1 cup of the vanilla chips and 3/4 cup chopped cherries.
- Drop by tsp about 2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake 9-11 minutes or until set.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Cool 2 minutes on pan.
- Remove to wire racks and cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small microwavable bowl, put remaining vanilla chips and oil.
- Microwave on high 30 seconds (depending on your microwave) .
- If necessary, microwave in 10 second intervals, stirring between each, until chips are melted and smooth.
- Spoon drop of melted vanilla chip mixture in center of each cookie and top with a cherry half.
- Drizzle remaining vanilla chip mixture over cookies.