Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A relatively lighter yet indulgent cheesecake (Full fat ingredients can be subbed if desired). This is a modified recipe from Food Network Kitchens. Prep time does NOT include overnight chilling.
- 20 chocolate wafer cookies (about 1 1/2 cups) or 20 graham crackers (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 8 ounces neufchatel cheese, room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate or 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup or 1 teaspoon dark corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons low-fat sour cream, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly grease a 9" springform pan.
- Process the chocolate wafers in a food processor with the butter, sugar, and salt until fine.
- Evenly press the crust into the prepared dish covering the bottom completely.
- Bake until the crust sets, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the filling: Put the chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl; heat at 75 percent power until softened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir, and continue to microwave until completely melted, up to 2 minutes more. (Alternatively put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Bring a saucepan filled with an inch or so of water to a very slow simmer; set the bowl over, but not touching, the water, and stir occasionally until melted and smooth.).
- Blend the cream cheese, sugar, and sour cream together in the food processor until smooth. Scrape down the sides, as needed.
- Add the eggs and pulse until just incorporated.
- With the food processor running, pour the chocolate into the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour the filling evenly over the crust.
- Bake until filling puffs slightly around the edges, but is still a bit wobbly in the center, about 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.
- For the Glaze: Put the chocolate, butter and corn syrup in microwave safe bowl.
- Heat glaze in the microwave at 75% power until melted, about 2 minutes.
- Stir the ingredients together until smooth; add the sour cream.
- Spread glaze evenly over the warm cake.
- Cool completely, then refrigerate overnight.