Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon egg white
- 1 1⁄3 cups chocolate graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons dark rum
- 3 (1 ounce) semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- 1⁄4 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa
- chocolate curls
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Place first 3 ingredients in a bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until blended.
- Add crumbs; stir well.
- Firmly press mixture into bottom and 1 inch up sides of an 8-inch springform pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes and let stand to cool.
- Combine rum and chocolate squares in top of a double boiler.
- Cook over simmering water for 2 minutes or until chocolate melts, stirring frequently.
- Remove from heat; add chocolate syrup, stirring until smooth.
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Place cheeses in a large bowl; beat at medium speed of a mixer until smooth.
- Add 1 cup sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, vanilla and salt; beat until smooth.
- Add rum mixture; beat at low speed until well blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Pour cheese mixture into prepared pan and bake at 300° for 40 minutes or until almost set.
- Combine sour cream, 1 tablespoon sugar and 2 teaspoons cocoa; stir well.
- Turn oven off and spread sour cream mixture over cheesecake.
- Let cheesecake stand for 45 minutes in an oven with door closed.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and let cool at room temperature.
- Cover and chill at least 8 hours.
- Garnish with chocolate curls.
I doubled the recipe to make a really big cheesecake, so it took FOREVER to bake, but what a beautiful, delicious result.