Recipe by Lainey39
This is a delicious cookie with caramel, chocolate and pecans. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Took me a lot longer than 15 minutes to play around with these cookies, but don't get me wrong, 'cause I love 'playing around' in the kitchen! And, THESE LITTLE BUGGERS ARE A GREAT TREAT! I kept a good portion of them inside while setting out the rest to encourage lookie-loues to check out what I had on my park-wide garage sale tables! I look forward to making these during the winter holidays! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Went to the Market cooking game]
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 (12 ounce) package miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and toasted
- 1 (12 1/2 ounce) bottle caramel ice cream topping
- 4 -6 ounces dark chocolate confectionary coating, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Combine flour and cocoa; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips and pecans.
- Roll into 1-inch balls.
- Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make a 3/8-to 1/2-inch deep indentation in the center of each ball.
- Smooth any cracks.
- Fill each indentation half full with caramel topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until caramel is very bubbly and the cookies are set.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing to wire racks.
- Drizzle cooled cookies with candy coating.