Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are easy cookies to make & are decadent & chocolatey. Quick to make also as a cake mix is used. They can be made basically with any additions you like, nuts, peanut butter chips, butterscotch chips, white chips, chocolate chunks. I've also used dried cherries and cranberries & have even chopped Hershey's "tuxedo" kisses & peanut butter cups as an addition... basically, anything goes... this particular recipe is for the triple chocolate version though... ** note: you can use all the same chocolate chips or mix regular & dark chocolate as described below... Ohhh, & at Halloween, these look nice with orange & yellow M&M's added in...
- 517.37 g box chocolate cake mix (Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe "Dark Chocolate Fudge" is what I usually use)
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml chocolate chips (regular or bittersweet)
- 236.59 ml dark chocolate chips (or Hersheys Kissables mini-kisses)
- 59.14 ml chocolate sprinkles
- 14.79 ml chocolate syrup (Hersheys)
- Combine cake mix, oil & eggs in bowl and mix with mixer until blended.
- Stir in chips & sprinkles.
- Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake 8-10 minute at 350 degrees.
My Dh wanted me to make some cookies, but didn't want all the hassle of mixing them up from scratch. I found this recipe, and boy, am I glad I did!! I used a Pillsbury Moist Supreme Devil's Food mix, and although I didn't have dark chocolate chips or the chocolate sprinkles, I threw in about three handfuls of semi-sweet chips and a generous squire of chocolate syrup. I baked them for 10 minutes (didn't have parchment paper) and they puffed up nicely and looked beautiful!! The consistency was moist and almost brownie-like. My mom, who lives with me, said, "These cookies will make you push the kids out of the way!" and "These cookies will make you forget your name!" ha ha!!
These are the best cookies in the world! I am serious, from now on, this is my "go to" cookie recipe. These are to die for. I love chocolate and these are out of this world. I was initially a little concern because the mix became oily as it sat while cookies were cooking, but low and behold, everything cooks out and these are cookies that are pretty expensive in gourmet cookie shops. They remind me of Main St. in Walt Disney there is a cookie shop and these taste just like those. Thank you so much, DH thanks you too!!!!!!!!!